What is Testosterone?
Testosterone is the male hormone. It’s what makes us men. Produced by the testes, it plays a crucial role in our everyday lives. Testosterone is directly responsible for maintaining:
- Energy and strength
- Muscle mass and bone density
- Mental focus and clarity
- Sex drive and performance
- Mood and attitude
- Sleep quality
Why is Testosterone Important for Men?
Testosterone makes sure we have the energy and desire to succeed in work, life, and relationships. Without it, we lose our zest for life. When we are young, our natural hormone production is high – especially testosterone. This kept us mentally sharp, energized and strong. As we age, however, our natural hormone production declines. Yet modern life doesn’t slow down for anyone. If you start to notice the typical signs of aging – increased fatigue, mental fogginess, mood changes, low sex drive, erectile dysfunction, decreased bone strength, weight gain, and loss of muscle mass – you are likely experiencing a deficiency in testosterone. So guys, in order to maintain your health physically, mentally and sexually, you never want to experience low T.
Symptoms of Low T
By age 30, we lose at least 1% of our natural testosterone production each year – sometimes more. With this diminished supply of testosterone in our body, we may experience the following symptoms of low testosterone:
- Feelings of depression
- Lowered energy levels
- Disruptive sleep patterns and quality of sleep
- Sexual dysfunction
- Cardiovascular disease
- Loss of muscle mass
- Lack of mental clarity, drive and focus
- Drop in strength and endurance
- Mood swings
- Fogginess and indecision
Benefits of Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT)
Given the importance of testosterone and the role it plays in making men “men,” Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) is a safe, fast, and effective option for men suffering from Low T. By optimizing testosterone to healthy levels, we can replenish the body of this crucial hormone so that life can once again be lived with passion and purpose. If you are suffering from a testosterone deficiency, you may experience the following benefits of TRT:
- Rise in energy levels
- Increased stamina and endurance
- Enhanced and more defined muscle mass
- Weight loss
- Improved cognitive abilities (sharper and more focused)
- Increased sense of well-being
- Decreased risk of cardiovascular disease and depression
- Improved sexual drive
- Increased confidence
How Low T treatment Works:
- First, you step into our man cave office in Carlsbad. We will take a simple blood draw and test your hormone levels in our in-house lab. It’s around a 20 minute process and you can relax in our leather chairs, watch the game, and have a refreshment while you wait for your results.
- If you qualify for Low T treatment, you will have a dedicated consultation with our men’s health expert to go over testosterone therapy. What it is. How it helps. How to administer treatments. How many treatments you will need to get back into gameday shape. All of these points will be addressed along with any other questions you have. This is your training camp to get you ready and confident about our game plan.
- We can begin treatment immediately following your consultation in our office, or for your convenience, treatments can be mailed monthy for use on-the-go.
Is TRT Safe?
Nearly all concerns of safety for testosterone replacement therapy, or any other hormone replacement therapy procedure in San Diego, can be addressed by receiving conclusive testing from a trusted and certified men’s health specialist. That’s why testing is always the first step in our process to ensure that not only are patients receiving the right dose of TRT, but only qualified patients with a real testosterone deficiency are being treated.
We also take patient safety to the next level by being a 100% bioidentical hormone facility. What this means is that we utilize hormones that are molecularly identical to what our body already produces. Why is this important? Your body is smart and it recognizes when something unnatural is lurking around. This means that synthetic hormones are identified and won’t be accepted to help improve hormone levels. Conversely, our bioidentical hormone replacement programs ensure your body is able to safely and effectively use what we give it.